Beautiful Babies

Beautiful Babies
Easter Sunday 2010

Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy 1 month old Birthday!!

Wow, what a month it has been ... Happy one month old birthday Taylor!! I had no idea what I was in for one month ago today. I have to first of all give thanks to my heavenly Father for giving Taylor strength to make it through her 3 and a half week stay in the NICU, healing her infection and bowel problem, learning to eat and gain weight again, and making it through her first week at home with no problems!! She gave me a little scare Sunday night when she became really congested, did not want to eat, and cried all night (which was not like her). We went to the Dr. on Monday and they checked her out and said as long as she was able to get down 1 oz. every 3 hrs. and was pooping and peeing she was OK. She had also lost 1 oz. on Monday at her 2nd Dr. visit. After Monday, Taylor perked back up and became her usual self and has done very well the rest of the week. We went for her 3rd Dr. visit today since being home, and she is up to 5 lbs. and 6 oz!! I am so grateful she is doing so well, and we thank you all for your prayers and support.

Thanks to all my friends at work for the beautiful shower for Taylor yesterday!! It was so nice to see you all, and Taylor thanks you all for the fabulous gifts. With all the clothes she got, she will be one stylish girl!!

Love,
Dana, David, and Taylor

6 comments:

The Knipps said...

I'm glad she is back to her normal self!! Sleepless, worrisome nights are not fun at all! I'm so glad she is home with you guys though!! I'm sure it is a different world being at home with your daughter!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Being a parent means alot of surprises and alot of not sleeping at night. I have been at this for 20 years and let me assure you God will keep you on your toes or your knees. It is the fun part of parenting. Hang in there God will always get you through.

Love
The Goins

Anonymous said...

Dana,
So happy for yall. Loving your blog.Praying for Taylor.
Love,
Sis. D

Judith and Lance said...

YAY Taylor. So glad to hear she is making good progress. God is so good. I hope her mommy is holding up okay too!

Valerie said...

Happy 1 month to a very special baby! So glad you are doing better & try not to scare your parents anymore at least until you start driving. :-)
Love,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

G.A.P
[ God Answers Prayers]

Love You Guys,
Alisha Sechrest