Beautiful Babies

Beautiful Babies
Easter Sunday 2010

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Last night in the NICU


"Mommy and Baba love me."


"Snug as a bug in a rug."


"Mamoo knows just how to burp me".


"My Aunt Mula and Uncle Bumpy posing with me."


"Uncle Tom and Aunt Danelle came to see me."


"My Grandpa and Grandma Lilly."


"Aunt Carolyn holds me for the first time."


Sleeping Beauty


We are so blessed that Taylor has had so much improvement over the last few days!! She is still on track to go home tomorrow, and we could not be more excited. God has been so good to us during this time and we are truely grateful. Tomorrow will mark 4 weeks since I was admitted to the hospital and Taylor will be 3 weeks and 2 days old when she gets to come home. It seems almost odd to not spend every day at the hospital in some way since it has become such a part of our lives. This experience has given me a totally new perspective on those that have disabilities, are bed bound, and/or have babies or loved ones in the hospital. It has also taught me an invaluable lesson to lift others up in prayer along with the medical professionals caring for them.
Taylor continues to tolerate her feedings much better, and she was 5 lbs. today!! I would like to thank all the nurses and others who have cared for Taylor over the past 3 weeks. You all have been incredible, and it made it easier to leave her every night knowing the excellent care she was receiving. I know I cannot remember all of your names, but thanks so much for your care to Taylor, answering all our questions, teaching us how to feed and bathe a preemie, and giving me updates on Taylor even in the middle of the night when I was most likely not making sense!! ;)

We also have to give props to the best NICU neighbor that anyone could have in Miss Reagan Winslow. She came into the world at only 24 weeks old, so she will always have 9 weeks seniority over Taylor even though she was only supposed to be 5 days older. She let Taylor borrow preemie clothes (when she did not have any), came for visits, and her parents provided a lot of support when it was needed most. We will miss seeing you every day, and we will be praying that Reagan will continue to develop and grow in order to go home as soon as possible!!

Much Love,
Dana, David and Taylor

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taylor is sure a beautiful baby. She looks soo content in those pictures. I love the one that's "sleeping beauty". So glad to heard the good news. I know mom and dad are soo ready to have you home with them "little one".

Much Love and Prayers,
Aunt Diane

Valerie said...

Taylor is so beautiful! I am so happy to hear things are going well & you can take your baby girl home tomorrow! That is so awesome! BUT, you better not quit updating this blog! :-)

Love & prayers,
Valerie

Dixie said...

She is so beautiful! I love the "sleeping beauty" picture.
Now that she is so close to going home, please don't stop sending out updates and pictures.

Message from Bean: MKJNJ IUU E49ISEOYUBTUTJUSOASOLZXJCFHCJhjnxcfklkhghu iomgtoo./ 3333333.

Maybe we better find a translator.